Yesterday Google officially rolled out the 4.4.2 update to all nexuses, But what the hell is new in this latest update as the same old story Google says now with this update kitkat is complete and other bug fixes in which the camera is included.
The nexus 5 UI is far better than the basic kitkat on any other nexus device. Accessing Google now right from the home screen itself is just awesome and you won’t see the same old apps and widget tabs in app drawer and in turn increased the size of the icons and the transparent notification bar just another awesome update that one could find in the Nexus 5 all these are upto User interface and at the back end there might be lot more updates.
Thanks to XDA developer andersonaragao who instead of creating a new custom rom just enabled the Nexus 5 factory image to run on Nexus 4. Yes, and is safe secure and stable that one would expect or see after installation.
Stock or LTE Enabled (Rooted or Unrooted versions)
How to Install
- Make sure you have the latest CWM or TWRP recovery
- Copy the Rom zip file to Internal Storage
- Backup your files and data (use titanium backup)
- If you are updating it, just flash it, don’t wipe ANYTHING. If this is your first time on it and want a clean install to get no erros (but it’s not needed), Wipe Dalvik Cache, System, Data, Cache (and if you are on TWRP, after this, go to Mount and uncheck System to get no errors)
- Flash the Rom you want to use (This will flashs new Bootloader and new Radio too, automatically)
- Restart and Setup this
For your kind information the .zip file includes the rooted files too, so no need of flashing the supersu again and if you are not interested in rooting then go with stock version.
Source – XDA Developers